Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Holiday Trio 7



Today's guest designer is Krisa.  What a trooper!  She had some family issues come up but still made sure that she got her project in to me on time.  Thank you so much Krisa.  Both of her projects are imaginative and beautiful.  Though I needed to hide them from my daughter who still believes in Santa.  I think my daughter knows the presents will stop if she doesn't. 
Here is Krisa's description of her projects in her own words.  "I went with the idea of "gifts for Santa" with my projects. My first thought with these images were traditional old-world European paper cones that are hung on trees as ornaments and often filled with goodies. For both projects I resized and printed the images, colored with watercolor pencils then inked over them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink (lightly) in Antique Linen. The pearlescent paper on the cone was from Club Scrap, as was the green used for embellishment and the holly leaves. The red paper is DCWV. The leaves were punched from an older Quickutz holly photo turn die, and inked with distress ink in Pine Needle. A friend (Colleen - http://crazycrickitt.blogspot.com/) had given me the hand-made roses and they seemed a perfect pairing with the holly leaves and cone, the ribbon is simply from my stash (I think it's offray ...).


The little jar is actually a re-purposed sugar scrub container, but it seemed the perfect size for this elongated Santa image. I used a Spellbinders nestability scalloped circle die for all of the scalloped embellishments on the projects. Ink on the little treat jar (it will be filled with with M&Ms for Santa shortly, from my DD) is Peeled Paint (also distress ink). "
Check out her blog at
http://alteredegodesigns.wordpress.com/

14 comments:

  1. Superb ! Thank you very much !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fabulous projects! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty projects with these images! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great images and fab projects. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous projects.. amazing digi .. can't wait to play with Santa.. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://grannygoodwitch-grannyscards.blogspot.com/2010/12/childreninsnow.html

    Love your pictures, use them a lot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally, got a chance to make a card with this Santa image. Here's the link: http://stampinginthelight.blogspot.com/2010/12/vintage-santa-claus.html

    Thanks again for sharing your images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this santa image... You can see how I used it here on my blog http://mrsbspot.blogspot.com/2011/11/believe.html

    Thank you so much for sharing this image and all of your images! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.