Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Trio 4

 This week we have three special images for Hanukkah.  I always have such a hard time finding Judaic images but have found an amazing vintage book with great line images called What the Moon Brought by Sadie Rose Weilstein.

Our amazing guest hostess this week is Juliet.  She has created several beautiful Hanukkah projects using this week's images.

Here is a description of her projects in Juliet's own words.
"With the menorah image, I made a little presentation box to gift a set of Hanukkah candles. I have photos of it open and closed.




With the little Maccabee soldier doll, I used the image to decorate a couple of goodie baskets each made from an uncut sheet of 12x12 cardstock. Actually, there is a little story behind these baskets. I was stuck on what to do with my sister yesterday, since she was visiting for the weekend (we were shopped out and tired of baking). I had the base of the pink basket ready, and I printed out a bunch of the images sized to fit, and we sat there coloring different ways for a couple of hours. Finally, I had enough to finish the sides of the pink basket, and my 22yo son came over and immediately rejected the design. He said it didn't hold enough, and I should make a more open design. I told him that I liked the smaller capacity, because it was easier to fill, and he immediately denounced me for being skimpy with my goodies. He came up with the folds for the blue basket, and we put my sister's images on that one. I like that it looks like a little fortress for the soldiers. My sister used Tombow markers with a blender pen for her rich, saturated color, and I used watercolor pencils with Twinkling H2Os for a vintage look with sparkle. My son taste-tested the goodies and approved them for gifting."




Check out more of Juliet's work at her wonderful blog at  http://ballpointbliss.blogspot.com/.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous and more Gorgeous! Your projects are always fabulous Juliet! Love the candle box and the gift boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the Hanukkah images!!! It's very unusual to see these types of images online. I actually remember reading the book they are from, as a child! (I guess that makes me kind of vintage too :)).
    The happiest of holidays to you and your family.
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I think this book is going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful work.. amazing design and style.. congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juliet did an excellent job. That candle presentation box is great. Thank you for posting these images.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.