Please feel free to use any of the vintage images on the website in your artwork. Be sure to share your artwork with us. This is a labor of love and I love to see what you create. Please do not post the original unaltered image on the web but post your artwork and link back to this site for the original image. Please do not sell or post the image alone or in a collection without my permission. Thank you. I can't wait to see what you create!


Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Two for Tuesday 7


We are seven weeks into the challenge and the site already has almost 2000 hits. Thanks everyone and I hope you are enjoying the digital stamps. Here are the two images for this week. Two lovely bathing beauties. Just a note that I have two more for next week if you are thinking of a large project. I hope that you will all take the challenge and create something amazing.



This week's guest host is one of my favorite paper artist Dana. Please stop by here blog for a wonderful adventure into Paper Arts. Here is her bio.

"My name is Dana Gustafson and I have been a paper crafter all of my life. I like crafts of all kinds but paper is definitely my medium of choice. I live in Northern California with my husband and two young daughters. When I am not caring for our girls or making our house a home, I can be found sneaking in some creative time in my craft room! You'll find what I am making these days on the blog I started in January 2009 called Paper Daydream. http://www.paperdaydream.blogspot.com/ I love this thing called blogging! I have "met" so many lovely and giving people here and just can't get enough challenges, blog hopping and more! I currently am honored to be a part of the My Time to Create Challenge Design Team, the Kelleigh Ratzlaff Creative Team, and the Hybrid Chick Creative Team! I have been following Cora's creative endeavors at Clearly Vintage for months now and when Cora asked if I would be a Guest Designer for Digital Two for Tuesday, I jumped at the chance! Thank you Cora!"

Here is the card Dana created using this weeks images. I love all the sewing and little accents.


Supplies:Cardstock: Papertrey Ink and Georgia PacificDigital Stamp (lady): Digital Two for TuesdayDigital Paper (vintage newsprint and frame) from Kelley Mickus at the DigiChick website, kit is called "Click, Click, Click"Stamp (Ain't life grand): Stampin Up!Ink: Stampin Up! and ColorboxFlower: PrimaOther: ribbon, lace, craft gem and artist chalk

Instructions:Set up the digital stamp and images in Word, layering as needed. I printed the bathing beauty seperately from the newsprint and then detail cut her out with fine tip scissors before adhering to the newsprint. She has been highlighted with a bit of artist chalk and embellsihed with a prima paper flower and craft gem. Adhere image to the newsprint and then tear away the bottom left corner. Ink ragged edge. Adhere ribbons with fabric tac to a seperate piece of cardstock and then stitch with sewing machine. Stamp the sentiment using Baroque Burgandy on a scrap of cream cardstock, ink edges and stitch on. Assemble all of the layers, ink the edges of the craft cardstock and then use foam tape to adhere the top layer to the card base.

5 comments:

  1. Here is my entry.
    http://paperflowers1.blogspot.com/2009/07/two-for-tuesday-bathing-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these, Cora. Just trying to decide what to create with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the images Cora. Haven't had a chance to do anything with them yet but my mindseye is planning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I played with your images and you can see it here;
    Hugs
    Denise
    oxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please click my name to view card -- love these pretty ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I love to hear from you.